The DMAC Regional Managers will be based in six regional offices and will report to DMAC Director through the DMAC Operations Manager. Under direct supervision of DMAC Operations Manager DMAC Regional Managers will coordinate with different departments at DMAC Headquarters i.e. Operations Planning/Programme Quality Management Mine Risk Education Victim Assistance External Relations and Information Management. At regional level DMAC Regional Managers will consult with DMAC Operations Manager on common operations and management related issues.
- As DMAC Regional Manager represents mine action at regional level.
- Ensures appropriate and timely responses are provided to mine action requests.
- Ensure mine action is considered into the provincial and/or regional development plans.
- Establish and maintain a proper liaison with ANDMA provincial officials as sectoral administrative for mine action.
- Maintain effective liaison with other Gov.
- Departments NGOs and UN agencies on issues related to mine action i.e.
- provision of emergency demining/EOD services to conflict affected communities.
- Provide inputs and advices to DMAC plans and programme department at headquarters on priority of demining projects or hazards.
- Chair the regional mine action coordination and other meetings.
- In close coordination with ANDMA Provincial Director facilitate the delivery of mine action activities in respective regions.
- Provide complete and up to date regional information about mine action problems challenges and MAPA response to the stakeholders interested parties and visitors as needed/requested.
- Assist the DMAC operations manager with planning design and development of mine action related projects for the region.
- Oversees Mine Action Operations at regional level including Survey and Land Release Operations Mine Risk Education Victim Assistance Stockpile and Weapons and Ammunition Management and Advocacy for mine action and the rights of people with disability.
- Supervise and carry out Quality Management visits to mine action operations and management system to ensure quality of the services is in line with the National Mine Action Standards.
- Manage regional office personnel on day to day operations.
- Monitor security situation of the project areas and consult DMAC Security Unit on further upgrading security and safety of the personnel regional office and personnel movements.
- Keep records of OPS Associate attendance verify equipment requests.
- Review verify and approve mine action completion reports from the mine action NGOs and demining companies which are checked and accepted by DMAC operations staff in the region.
- Ensure mine action data and reports are received timely they are checked verified and passed to MIS section at headquarters for entry into IMSMA database.
- Conduct periodic analysis on mine action data to identify problems challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- Ensure on time and up to date information is released to the stakeholders at regional level.
- Monitor the security situation of the active MBT projects and provide update to DMAC planning department of any changes in the security (secured/insecure).
- Take part in review of project proposals to make sure the proposal is in line with mine action regional priorities and financially appropriate.
- Undertake any other task given by Operations Manager and or DMAC Director.
- Bachelor degree in the field of technical engineering Business Administration Project Management and other relevant field preference will be given to candidates with advanced degree.
- Five years progressively experience in managing mine action related activities in humanitarian programmes.
- Knowledge of de-mining and explosive ordnance equipment (MDD and mechanical demining unit experience highly desirable).
- Self-reliant and able to work independently and to a deadline.
- Knowledge in working with mine information database is highly desirable.
- Flexible and adaptable to any situation.
- Develops and maintains strong and cooperative relationships with the organization and across all functional areas to ensure that we achieve the best results for our programs.
- Communicates effectively individually and in groups.
- Takes responsibility for creating a positive work environment.
- Able to develop effective solutions despite ambiguity.
- Knowledge of computers including Word Excel and Power point.
- Capable of working in a multi-national/cultural environment.
- Fluent in English and local languages (oral and written).
How To Apply
Interested candidates can send their application and CV to the following email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The subject line must include (12-2019-DMAC) otherwise your application may not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for the test and interview.