The proposed project aims to
(i) initiate establishment of a sustainable road maintenance system for the country’s major highways
(ii) develop the Ministry of Transport (MOT)’s capacity in roads operation and maintenance (O&M).
The project’s two major components are road maintenance and road asset management system (RAM System). The road maintenance component will provide periodic maintenance for two sections of the national highways namely.
(i) Kabul–Jalalabad highway (excluding the section under pilot subproject section)
(ii) the Kabul–Kandahar highway from Kabul to Ghazni.
The RAMS component will develop a RAM System as a primary decision-support tool to help the MOT plan and manage road O&M. This will build on previous efforts especially the road network inventory developed under the World Bank’s NRAP. A proper asset management system will help the MOT ensure objective planning and improve road serviceability and cost- effectiveness utilization.
- Provide direct translation services to the project team on a daily basis. Project documents for translation will include but not limited to technical manuals training material quarterly and annual reports consultancy reports Terms of References and other materials and correspondences related to the project.
- Provide direct interpretation services to project team consultants PMO the ministry in project meetings consultation workshops training events and field visits when necessary to ensure good quality and timeliness of translated documents.
- Provide other admin support such as preparing/typing documents and meeting arrangements to the project team and the PMO in project activities as required.
- Undertake other duties as specified by the supervisor and the ministry management.
- The translator will be required to translate RAMP materials and any content shared to him for translation.
- Ensure that the translation text is technically linguistically and grammatically correct error free and it should meet high quality standards and would not need further editing after completion of translation
- Professional translation from/to English Pashto and Dari
- Provide accurate and timely translation to the satisfaction of employer
- The translated materials should be provided to the team leader/employer after completion of the required services in soft copy
- Translation shall be done within the stipulated deadlines in the work order.
How To Apply
Applicants are requested to open the below link for application:
Interested applicants should create Consultant Management System (CMS) account for registration before application and fill up the form accordingly with all submission of all required documents/ (Resume work and educational documents)